International Opportunities for Faculty and Staff
Faculty and staff can get involved in international programming and coursework in many different ways including leading an engineering abroad program, developing a new program, teaching at an institution abroad, international research collaborations, visiting a partner university, and through curriculum integration into existing courses on-campus.
Leading an Engineering Abroad Program
Every year, hundreds of engineering students travel abroad to participate in education abroad programs through the College of Engineering and the Office of International Affairs. Faculty and staff are encouraged to get involved in the College of Engineering international initiatives by leading an existing engineering abroad program, or proposing a new one.
Before leading an international program, it is important to understand the full range of responsibilities for serving as a Resident Directors (RD). RDs will work closely with the Office of International Affairs and the College’s International Initiatives Office to plan the program, including:
- attending all mandatory trainings
- developing an in-country program itinerary
- recruiting students and attending education abroad expos
- reviewing applications
- presenting program orientations
- teaching affiliated courses with a strong academic framework
- traveling with students abroad
- providing 24/7 on-site support while abroad
- maximizing intercultural engagement for a high impact student experience
If you would like to learn more about leading a new or existing program, please contact the Global Engineering Office at global.CoE@osu.edu. To express interest in serving as a Resident Director for a program, please complete the Faculty/Staff Interest Form.