International Engineering Service-Learning Programs
Service-Learning at the Ohio State University is a form of experiential education characterized by student participation in an organized service activity that:
- is connected to specific learning outcomes;
- meets identified community needs; and
- provides structured time for student reflection and connection of the service experience to learning.
Such programs are an important component of the international programs and the Humanitarian Engineering minor within the College of Engineering. At present, the College offers six (6) International Engineering Service-Learning programs for students:
- ENGR 5797.16S: Solar Engineering Service-Learning in Tanzania
- ENGR 5797.17S: Engineering Service-Learning in Ghana
- ENGR 5797.21: Sustainable Reslilent Communities - Maji Marwa, Tanzania
- ENGR 5797.22S: Guatemala Engineering Service-Learning
- ENGR 5797.23: Humanitarian Engineering and Culture in Guyana
- ENGR 5797.24: Sustainable Community Development - Honduras
Additional information can be found here.